Pandam 2021 Second Flush Darjeeling Tea [Limited Lot]
Tea Name : Pandam 2021 Second Flush Darjeeling Tea [Limited Lot]
A full cup Second Flush with the hint of orange [which Pandam is famous for]
This tea will be delivered in our new compostable packaging >> read more here
In more depth...
The tea garden...
KC Shares : The 111 hectare Pandam garden sits at 5 1/2 to 6 thousand feet : here the tea, which is 100% china variety, grows slowly and, like all slow growing tea estates offers the tantalising prospect of small lot high quality tea.
- Date of plucking : 16.6.21
- Fine % : 50% Fine : 50% one leaf and a bud and 50% second leaf
- Manufacture date : 17.6.21
- Withering : 64% - KC shares : '% wither depends on leaf quality, ambience and type of tea you make. A 64% wither is a medium - harder wither'
- Rolling : 40 minutes
- Fermenting [oxidation] : 3 hours
- Drying temp : 235 C
- Type of tea bushes : Full china tea giving unity in the leaf and the infusion
- Wet leaf is red & coppery. 100% unity in the colour. The lighter wither (64%) gives the golden tone to the leaf : when the wither is lighter the tips have extra moisture which, when rolled enhances oxidation
- Pandam is famous for producing small lots of high quality China teas : the teas are known for their 'orange' undertones 'The tea bushes at Pandam draw in the wealth of cosmic forces to produce teas that carry the freshness of nature in a bright cup with a smooth, sweet flavour'
Origin : Pandam Tea Garden, Darjeeling, West Bengal, India.
Size : Total area- 111 Ha
Harvest Time : 16.6.21
Cultivar : All China Type
Plucking standard : Two leaves and one bud
Processing : Withered, rolled and fired.
Experience : A full cup Second Flush with the hint of orange [which Pandam is famous for]
Last visited by Comins : June 2018, Michelle Comins
How to prepare tea GAIWAN
Amount of tea per bowl (200 ml): 2.5 g (1 tsp)
Water temperature: 95℃ / 212℉
Infusion / brewing time: 2-3 minutes
Number of infusions: 3
How to enjoy: No sugar, no milk.